We do our best to provide necessary household items, clothing, and more to foster / adoptive families in our communities. We understand the struggles and challenges of bringing children from difficult pasts into your home. It is our desire to help you in this process.
To minimize conflicts and confusion, we have developed rules and requirement for the application process and distribution of items. By completing the application on our website, you agree to the following terms and requirements.
- We provide household items, clothing, and other necessities to families involved in foster/adoption and respite care for foster children. We do not provide items for biological children or children adopted through private or international adoption. We may provide items to biological or adopted children to make available other resources in the home for foster/adoptive children.
- Reusable and large household items including but not limited to: car seats, boosters cribs, portable cribs, beds, chairs, and bikes are on loan from us to you for a period of six months. At the end of the loan period you will be required to re-certify that you need the items, return the items, or in cases of item abuse or neglect replace the item.
- You are NOT responsible to return or reimburse us for gifted or disposable items including but not limited to: diapers, pull-ups, baby bottles, clothing, books, or gift cards.
- In the event that an necessary item is not available, upon our discretion we may substitute a gift card for the purchase of the needed item.
- Items are loaned out on a first come, first serve priority. However, we reserve the right to loan items based on placement status and other factors.
- If you fail to return the item and fail to re-certify that you have a continued need for the item, you agree to reimburse Vault: Fostering Community for the replacement cost of a similar item.
- We do our best to maintain items that are in good condition, free from defect, and not recalled by the manufacturer. However, we cannot guarantee the usability or suitability of the items we provide.
- You are responsible for the proper installation, maintenance, and monitored use of the items we provide. We cannot install car seats or assist in assembling furniture.
We hope that your placement is an incredible success and you are blessed by this addition to your family. You are making a tremendous impact in a child’s life that in ways that few others have. We want to be a part of your lives and help you in any way we can. If you have any questions or needs that we have not addressed, please let us know.